Worcestershire spa and golf hotel near Birmingham
up to -53% today
Classic Double room
Superior Double room
A relaxing Worcestershire base with a golf and health club, just 30 minutes from Birmingham – includes breakfast, dinner, wellness perks and late check-out
- Within a 175-acre estate on the fringes of Redditch, The Abbey Hotel lies a half-hour drive south of Birmingham. An ideal base for exploring Worcestershire, this handsome red brick hotel is within driving distance of the grand Ragley Hall, Cadbury World and Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakespeare's birthplace.
- Golfers will be in their element: a par-72, 18-hole championship golf course wraps around the hotel, weaving through the lake-dotted parkland beyond. There’s also a floodlit driving range, where you can perfect your swing.
- Take some time out at Peak Spa & Health Club, home to an indoor heated pool, steam room, sauna and spa bath. Unwind among high timber walls and panoramic views of the verdant parkland beyond. There’s also a jam-packed treatment menu, headlining esteemed brands Elemis and Natural Spa.
- For fine dining in a relaxed environment, Bramblings Restaurant is the place to go, serving modern British and European dishes made from local, seasonal produce, against an idyllic backdrop of the golf course and surrounding parkland. For an extra dose of indulgence, opt for a traditional afternoon tea.
- Indoor pool
- Hot tub
- Fitness centre
- Fitness classes
- Beauty treatments
- Barber / beauty shop
- Packed lunches
- 24-hour front desk
- Flatscreen TV in every room
How to get there
A 30-minute drive from Birmingham, The Abbey Hotel is in a convenient position for reaching Birmingham NEC and The ICC, as well as Cadbury World, Ragley Hall and Stratford-upon-Avon. The hotel is two miles from Redditch train station and within easy access of Birmingham airport, via junction two of the M42.
Good to know
The hotel has just undergone a £1.5 million refurbishment, giving the bar, lounge, reception area, and 30 of the guest bedrooms a fresh new look.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.