English charm at a Berkshire hotel with spa
up to -50% today
Standard Double room
Donnington Castle, Newbury
A laid-back stay with spa facilities in the Berkshire countryside close to Newbury, including full English breakfast and two-course dinner
- Offering a serene countryside setting in Berkshire, Regency Park Hotel is a quintessential slice of rural England. Once you've soaked in the bucolic landscapes, make the most of the luxurious health club spa. It features an indoor swimming pool, plus a PRECOR gym and a range of rejuvenating and invigorating beauty treatments.
- The Watermark restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner overlooking the gardens. Fresh ingredients are used to create enticing dishes, along the lines of pan-fried chicken breast with fondant potato, classic fish and chips, and lemon tart with raspberry sorbet.
- Afternoon tea is also a delightful event here, and includes warm scones, home-made cakes and prosecco for those wanting an extra treat. More informal fare is available at the bar, which offers light snacks or more substantial, traditional favourites like sausage and mash or fish and chips.
- Swimming pool
- PRECOR gym
- On-site parking
- Room service
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry service
- Facilities for disabled guests
How to get there
Regency Park Hotel is conveniently located just minutes from the M4, between the towns of Newbury and Thatcham. Oxford and Swindon are both a 45-minute drive away, and it is a 90-minute drive from central London. For those wishing to travel by train, Thatcham Station is around a seven-minute drive away.
Good to know
Please note that spa treatments should be pre-booked before you arrive, to avoid disappointment.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.