17th-century Wiltshire pad with lauded dining
up to -59% today
The Town Bridge, Chippenham
A romantic 17th-century retreat on the edge of the pretty Cotswolds, with a two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant – with breakfast, dinner options, glass of prosecco and more
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the six acres of landscaped grounds and soak up the quintessential English ambience. Parts of the property date all the way back to 1670, and there is a walled kitchen garden, lily pond and plenty of pretty walkways in which to explore. The more active can play tennis or even croquet.
- Tuck into mouth-watering dishes including pan-fried brill, leek and black truffle risotto and chicken liver parfait at the two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant. Making fine use of local ingredients, including produce from its own gardens and sheltered orchard, it's a real winner.
- Situated just a mile from the pretty town of Corsham and under 10 miles from Bath, this is a great base for you to explore many of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire’s famous attractions, including the nearby historic villages of Castle Combe and Lacock, as well as the Fox Talbot Museum.
- Two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Tennis court
- Croquet lawn
- Landscaped gardens
- Fitness room
- On-site parking
How to get there
The Guyers House Hotel is situated in the quaint village of Pickham, right on the edge of the The Cotswolds. The closest station is Chippenham, at a distance of around five miles or so. Trains frequently run from London Paddington and Swindon here, and there are also regular services from Bath, Bristol, Swindon and South Wales.
It’s easy to catch a taxi from here. If you’re driving, you can easily access the hotel via the A350 and Bath Road. On-site parking is available at no extra cost.
Good to know
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities. Pets are not allowed.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.